In the past week, we have gone out to eat twice and it has been interesting to see how Garett does while out in public at a restaurant. Let's just say we had two totally opposite experiences. And, gone are the days of a quietly sleeping baby sitting through the meal...or so we thought!
Our first night was at Outback. Which hindsight, may have not been the best place to go. I would say Outback is family friendly but not necessarily baby friendly! The first twenty minutes went well, Garett played with my phone, the napkins, the coasters, celery and anything he could get his hands on! He even called his Uncle MIchael on my phone. So all went well until the food came out and than he was done. I did not want to be those people that have a screaming child and they happily go about finishing their meal while all others around are annoyed. So I went outside with him, while Hans finished his food. We were in and out of Outback in less than 45 minutes, not bad huh?
Than on Thursday we went to Champs for a going away meal for our friends Rich and Jessica. I was a little anxious about going, he was not in the best mood prior to getting to the restaurant either. But Garett again played well for a bit. We saw for the first time that he noticed mom and dad were not right there, when we handed him down to some friends. The lip came out and he started to cry. He came back to me. When our food came out I was thinking, "How is this going to work?" But, before too much time passed he fell asleep! And all was good until we left! On a side note, I also noticed that the highchairs are always lower than the table they are sitting next to, why is that? It definitely does not make it easy for Garett to sit at the table. He is chin level with the table! Anyway...
Two very different experiences with restaurants! I know we will continue to go out and master the art of timing. I think it is all about timing (probably true for all things having to do with baby).
Gavin Graduates!
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment