Thursday, April 23, 2009

March of Dimes

This weekend we will be walking in the March of Dimes walk. (www.marchofdimes.com) We walk and raise money for babies born prematurely, like Garett. Babies like Jack that are remembered in out hearts. And all babies so that they are able to have a chance at life and a future. As many or all of you know it is a charity near and dear to our hearts. I remember the first time Hans walked in the MOD walk in Minneapolis. I did not participate, although I do remember thinking...that's a nice cause.  Sure is a good reason to raise money. Never did I dream it would become this important of a cause. Nor do you ever dream you experience first hand the good that they provide. So important that Hans works diligently to organize the walk and a golf tournament through TCF. Because of him and many, many others, money is raised for our precious children. He makes me proud. I am proud when I say how he helps!!  It is truly a wonderful charity...something like $0.77 on the dollar is used for the cause. That is not a lot of overhead! 

As Garett grows older and farther and farther away from the reminders of prematurity, I try to refresh my memory. I look at those first pictures taken, oh how small he was. All 2lbs of him. So I post some than pictures. 

6 days old,he first opened his eyes
Garett holding Hans' wedding ring
The first dollar bill picture taken when he was 3 wks old

The pictures absolutely boggle my mind. Looking at Garett today, a running, jumping, active, busy, talking, yelling, laughing, silly, cuddly, loving boy, I am speechless. I also post these pictures to say thanks. Thanks for the donations, thanks for the support and mostly thanks for your love. And here is the now...pretty darn amazing isn't it??



Do you know how difficult it is to take a picture of a toddler lying down and not trying to grab the thing lying on the floor...just a little tough! 
But it hits home the point, he sure has changed. 

1 comment:

Middendorfs said...

We are walking this weekend too. Forecast of 57 and rainy. We got soaked last time we walked in Mpls too. Guess we should walk in St Cloud, we had gorgeous weather that year. Hope you guys have a good walk and Garett enjoys the ride.