Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day at the Museum

Most of you may not know, or maybe you do, but I am in transition with jobs. I am starting a new job on Monday with the Denver Hospice as a hospice nurse (pretty obvious that is what the role would be)! Because of the job switch, I have had the week off to spend with Garett. It has been nice to be home with him, although he seems to be a different child when I am around and Trisha (our nanny) is too. And when I say different I do not mean a nice, kind, sweet different. I mean a crying at the door, laying on the floor screaming, pushing his food away at lunch type of different. They say (or so I have read) that toddlers tend to me model citizen when mom and dad are away, but when mom and dad are around all hell breaks loose. Apparently it is a comfort level thing...so he is acting this way cause he loves me!  I have to keep reminding myself that when he is pulling on my shirt, crying and trying to say something that I just cannot understand! Hmmm....he is doing this because he is comfortable with me...1...2...3....(deep breath) he is comfortable and loves me! Anyway...we went to the Children's Museum today and it was great! Wow is that place a great place for toddlers, tons of stuff to get into! Perfect! And after 1 1/2 hours of playing everyone was tired and we went home! 





Garett also is the proud new owner of a red coupe, courtesy of Craig's List. And by the way, if you have kids and want toys and don't want to spend full price, Craig's list is the way to go! My brother Michael buys everything of Craig's list, he swears by it! Now I don't know that I will go buying a car or furniture off of it just yet...but it sure is a great place for toys. And Garett loves his car. He particularly loves opening the door, sitting in the car, closing the door, opening the door back up, getting out, closing the door and repeating the whole process over again. He did this for about 20 minutes last night! He likes the car. And I figured out the sign of a good toy. If Hans or I had the same toy as a kid, it is probably a good one! As a kid, I had a little red coupe too! 




No comments: