Garett enjoyed the fourth of July AND was able to stay up to enjoy the fireworks! He went to bed late, about 10 pm, which is approximately 2 1/2 hours after his normal bedtime. He did good, but we figured he was kind of done when he started to fall asleep about 20 minutes into the fireworks! He also had no problem falling asleep while fireworks where being shot off once we got home either! But he enjoyed the fireworks. He oohed and aahed at them for a bit. He sat nicely in my lap and watched them and the noise didn't bother him in the least. And before the fireworks even began he got to eat Dairy Queen, so that in and of itself is always a treat, fireworks or no fireworks.
He also got to spend the weekend with grandma Laurie and grandpa Steve! Which is always good.

We also had a fun weekend last weekend. We all headed to Rochester to visit my mom and dad. There was a reason for the trip back too...my dad, brothers and I all competed in a triathlon! It was a good old family event...and we all finished! And no, I did not win, that would be Michael who had the best time, than my dad, Nathan and last me! But I do have to brag a bit...I was close to Nathan. If it weren't for the running part I just may have beat him! But I am a slooow runner, so Nathan pulled ahead! Oh well. And most importantly Garett got to spend time with his grandparents and uncles and we got to celebrate finishing a triathlon! And minus the flight home, it was a great trip!
Before the race...yeah I know nice swim caps huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment